- We are IOW Residential Limited trading as Trigg & Co (company number 06767575) and our address is Trigg House, Monks Brook, St Cross Business park, Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 5WB (referred to as “we” or “us” or “our”).
We are the providers of our websites www.isleofwightestateagents.co.uk and www.triggiow.co.uk (referred to as the “Sites”). A reference to “you” or “your” refers to the user of the Sites.
We are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number ZA009176.
- This Policy only relates to the personal information that we collect about you from our Sites or from third parties. It does not relate to property information.
- If you would like to opt out of marketing and communications from us and our nominated third parties, have any questions about this Policy or our use of your personal information, or if you wish to unsubscribe from marketing and communication messages from us or would like to submit a subject access request, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter by post to our address
- We will collect the information that you give to us when using our Sites. If you choose to access a particular search feature or to fill in a form on the Sites, you may be asked to provide information about yourself, such as your name and contact details. We may also collect other information about you at the same time, such as details of the sort of property you are interested in, the cost and location of the property etc. We will also collect information that you provide to us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- We may also collect technical information that has the potential to identify you, such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We may also collect information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Sites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
We may combine technical information with other information that we have about you to help us with our processing of your information.
- We retain access to all personal information that we have collected from you or about you.
- We may also have links to other websites from our Sites. We are not responsible for the content, security, privacy policies and practices of any other websites, even if you access them using links from our Sites. We recommend that you check the policy of each website that you visit and make sure that you are comfortable with the terms of such policies before providing any personal information.
If our business is sold or merged, or if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. We will make sure that any such transfer is done in a secure way.
- If we offer or supply a service to you that is provided on our behalf by a third party we may have to pass your information to them in order to deliver the service. By using the Sites, you consent to us providing your information to the third parties authorised by us to provide such services. We may also use third parties to provide services on our behalf which may include processing (but not using themselves) your information e.g. to complete partial addresses or to augment the information we hold about you. In either case, we will not pass your information to anyone who is not also subject to adequate privacy commitments in our contract with them and we will not allow the third party to use your information for marketing purposes without your consent.
We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your information to any third party without your permission unless we are required to do so by law or to obtain professional advice. We will retain your information for as long as is reasonable and necessary and no longer than permitted by law.
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or contractors. Territories outside of the EEA may not have equivalent legal protections to those that apply within the EEA but we are under a duty to make sure that our suppliers and contractors located outside of the EEA continue to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data at any time.
- The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode.
- Other information relevant to customer service, quotes etc.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and service.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products or special offers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive, the cookie helps analyse web traffic or allows web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our websites.
We are not in control of the delivery of cookies from service providers such as Google Analytics and YouTube. Any comments or questions that you may have should be raised with the originator of those cookies.
Your use of this site is taken as consent to the placing of cookies on your system. If you disagree, please take the following action (for technical support please contact your IT support technician.)
- Close this website
- Use your web browser’s tools to “delete your cache”
- Quit your browser
- You can then choose to disallow cookies from this website via browser settings
If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from our website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.